Happy New Year.
A new page a fresh start …. so where do I go after last year’s 100 challenges?
Even though I am on holiday I wanted to start my first blog for the year on January 1. I love new beginnings the sense of anticipation and newness…it’s the finishing I struggle a little with.
This year I want to continue to set myself challenges but in a different way. I am going to continue to blog my journey because I’ve had such pleasure from it.
The Challenges for 2011 look a bit like this (I’ll make a page of them too):
- Make My Week – Dee does this and I like it. Every week I want to have made something – sewn, written, cooked…
- Cake overload – Once a month I want to decorate a cake in a crazy or wonderful way and do a ‘drive by’ delivery. Ie – deliver it by surprise and hopefully watch it be found. This is one for the boys to be included in.
- Food Loving – for a good reason or no reason at all every month I want to make a meal for another family.
- Living in Green and Brown – this year I want to get more into limiting the chemicals in the house so once a month my friend and I will make cleaning/washing… stuff for our houses. As for the living brown I am going to try to reduce – white (sugar, flour,pasta…) and increase brown and also to try to have fewer numbers, preservatives.. you get the idea.
- Family and Faith Thursday – once a week I want to do something SPECIAL with my boys a planned picnic, crafting whatever it is I want it to be intentional. So Thursday is going to be about our family journey and our journey to making our faith more integrated into family life.
- Random Acts of Kindness – I want to try each month to so something sweet for a stranger.
- Op Shopping – because I love it and because I like the idea of slowing down the consumerist cycle we get stuck in sometimes. If there is a second-hand choice I’d like to take it.
- Supporting Homemade – I want to try, when I can afford it, to also buy from local artisans making things and also to choose to support places like TradeAid.
- Brain Development – I want to read more, and try new things, learn new skills…
As well as these challenges I am going to continue trying to stretch my creativity, be more generous in all things, shine my light, encourage others and be a participant in LIFE and not just an observer.
Thanks for coming along I hope you are inspired to be the you no one else can be.