In blog-land people create and give each other awards (there’s a lot of love out there people)
Today I got an award for Creative Blogging from the lovely and surprisingly smarty-pants qualified Juliet. So now I have to tell ya’all 10 things about me that may interest you/that you may not know.
Here they are in the order they came to me. (Keeping in mind it’s hard to think of thinks you might not know)
1. In my final year at high school I sat my performers certificate in Speech and Drama with Trinity College in London and I topped NZ and came 3rd in the world for my level. (which makes me a qualified Drama Queen!)
2. I’ve never been drunk but I have been out not drinking with friends and been told they wouldn’t serve me alcohol because I’d obviously had enough. (I’m also usually first up to dance without any drinks required!)
3. I have a Bachelor of Education and a Diploma of teaching and I taught for 7 years before having my own babies.
4. If I could have a wish and it wasn’t for world peace or the end to hunger. I would like to know the whole Bible off by heart.
5. Jobs I have had have included – dairy worker, chemist shop worker, teacher, wedding photographer, marriage celebrant, actress, modelling (I was about 7), mother (does it count if I’m not paid?), clothing designer/maker, census enumerator, children’s party organiser…
6. Jobs I would like to have include – motivational speaker, author, acting, cooking show, artist (shame I have no skills), parent and child baking classes, a job where I could dress up in fancy clothes and stilettos for my uniform (I’m not sure what this job is but I think it would be fun), talk show host…
7. Until about 2 years ago I’d never put petrol in a car. (I’ve been driving since I was 16)
8. I don’t drink coffee at all, I don’t like it.
9. Talking is my favourite past time and I find it supremely difficult not to be the first volunteer in any group situation to read aloud, go up the front, try something….That’s right I’m trying NOT to put my hand up so someone else can have a turn. (I seldom succeed at this)
10. I do labour insanely fast and I have left a wake of traumatized people who have experienced me in labour – including The Atlas who goes pale whenever the topic comes up and the receptionist at Christchurch Maternity Hospital who told our midwife if I ever have another baby she doesn’t want to work there.
Okay so that’s some stuff about me you might not have known. Thanks Juliet for the award.
Why don’t you leave a comment and tell me something surprising about yourself.